WELCOME TO OST!
We are so happy that you are considering Opelika Swim Team.
Our Motto is FUN * FAMILY * FAST!
But we are more than a competitive swim team. Through the Opelika Swim School, we want Opelika and the surrounding communities to learn the full joys of being around and in the water.
Swimming is a life long skill – don’t miss out on all the fun!
Interested in Joining OST!?
OST will hosing tryouts August 9th – 12th at the Opelika SportsPLEX. Please use the link below to reserve your spot for tryouts. But first, please read through some important information.
- The minimum requirement to join OST is swimming a 25 yard freestyle, 25 yard backstroke, and completing a 50 yard kick.
- Tryouts are for swimmers 13 and Under. (swimmers 14 and Over email coach Tyler directly – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tryouts are for new swimmers or swimmers returning to the sport after a break.
- Tryouts are to see if swimmer meets minimum requirements to join OST, help determine group placement, give parents a chance to meet the coach, and learn more about the program.
- Tryouts typically last 10 – 15 minutes. All swimmers need to bring are swim suit, goggles, and towel.
UPDATED END OF SEASON PRACTICE PLAN:
Scheduling Note: During the Summer Months when school is out we merge together Dawgs and White Group into our Summer Swim practice times. White Group will still have one additional practice offered per week.